Positive self-talk influences how you consciously or unconsciously respond to others and yourself.
How can you practice positive self-talk?:
- Tell yourself that obstacles in your life are only challenges to face and defeat and not insurmountable problems – you are more likely to overcome them.
- Tomorrow morning when you look in the mirror, say “Hey beautiful! Have a great day!” – you will set the tone for your day.
- Verbally work through a potentially difficult conversation before having the conversation. Talk through your thoughts, your reasons, your resolutions if the conversation goes well or if it goes bad – you will be better prepared for the conversation and may be able to keep some of the emotion out of it.
Positive self-talk not only makes you feel good about yourself; it also:
- Improves mental health
- Boosts self-confidence
- Elevates self-esteem
- Provides clarity of your vision
- Reduces stress
- Increases happiness
- Provides you with coping skills during hardships and times of stress